My human has only one twos, one twos (twos) legs, doesn't think like us and he has been called weirds. I like that in a familys man. He is stubborns like me. He likes his beer dark. He could be called an Eclectic Peeps. Most of all, he loves me and I like that. DeltaBunny will journal our lives togethers in the small Delta town of Rio Vista, California.

All photos and Nose Art are copyright of author or as noted and may not be used withouts permission.

Want to add your beautimus photo to my Dogsbook? Cooools!

Helps me build my village of Frévilla in Spains. Go to Frévilla. ¡Gracias!

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

13 April 2006

BREEDLOVE, HUMPHREY AND O'BRIEN

Last Sunday while I was, home ALONE!!, restin' my shoulder, Mom and Dad were in town (Rio Vista) to see the S.S. Jeremiah O'Brien sail by. Mom had read about this Liberty floatin' box (Ship) that cruises around San Francisco Bay and other places. Sunday the O'Brein was makin' it's way from Sacramento to San Francisco.

While they waited for the floatin' box, they walked around town. (It doesn't take long. I like that. Fewer pee mails to drive me crackers.) CRAIG BREEDLOVE has his shop here on Front Street. I've never seen him. They tell me he is reeeeeally fast.


Mr. Breedlove has his shop and fast movin' box here in Rio Vista.

On Main Street my humans got some coffee and a CIRCLE CAKE!!! (doughnut). Dad said he lost control and had a chocolate glazed circle. I don't know what is badder worse, smokin' sticks or circle cakes. He told me he only had one. I'll have to watch him at home. There isn't much I can do when he's out of my sight or out range of my sniffer. At least he doesn't chew on those sticks.


Our busy Main Street on Sunday morning.

At the end of Main, down by the rushin' water, there is a rock with a petroglyph of our town animal hero. No, not Howard the Duck, Humphrey the Whale. I wonder if Humphrey was scoutin' a path for the O'Brien. Arf! Arf!


Humphrey, our local animal hero.

Then they walked to the bridge and then...

They were sooo brave... and then...

They walked on to the bridge...


Shake, rattle and ring.

And then found a sign that says that our bridge...


Our beautiful bridge.

is... beautiful.


Our beautiful bridge sign. Arf! Arf!

All this just one two one two (a couple) of weeks after there was an accident on the bridge. 4 Injured In Highway 12 Crash - News - MSNBC.com
Mom and Dad said the reeeally big movin' boxes made lots of noise and shook the bridge as they drove on it. I don't think I would like that.

A couple of minutes later the big floatin' box they were waitin' for hove into view...


She's not gonna make it!!!

Crank up the bridge!! Crank it up!!


Whew!

It was the National Liberty Ship Memorial -- S.S. Jeremiah O'Brien. Mom and Dad want to travel on her one day. (S.S. Jeremiah O'Brien -- Cruises)

Why is she called a she when she has a he name? Humans are weird, again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why a ship is a she in English (in Portuguese they say 'navio' for ship and it is a 'he' thing). Humans are really weird!

I was also thinking that it is funny this he/she thing for things in English because it has the neuter genre for things and...
Well, I will stop it here, I think I was infected by Mum's Linguistics Virus!