My human has only one twos, one twos (twos) legs, doesn't think like us and he has been called weirds. I like that in a familys man. He is stubborns like me. He likes his beer dark. He could be called an Eclectic Peeps. Most of all, he loves me and I like that. DeltaBunny will journal our lives togethers in the small Delta town of Rio Vista, California.

All photos and Nose Art are copyright of author or as noted and may not be used withouts permission.

Want to add your beautimus photo to my Dogsbook? Cooools!

Helps me build my village of Frévilla in Spains. Go to Frévilla. ¡Gracias!

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

22 July 2005

HOLLYHOCK HARVEST/SPEEDERS AND STINGERS

A sky full of clouds and a forecast of temps only in the 80s were enough to prompt my typist to wiggle his green thumb and do some cleanup around the yard yesterday. He asked if I wanted to help him harvest some hollyhock seeds.


Hollyhock harvest Posted by Picasa

'Sure. I can do that. I will even count them for you.'


One, two. One, two. One... Posted by Picasa

There were so many seeds. I counted over two.


Sea of seeds and ladybirds Posted by Picasa

Things were going great. We saw ladybirds, speeders and itty bitty beetles.
On the very last plant Mr. Green Jeans Thumb (But he has two.) found a stinger hiding in an empty seed pod.


Peek-a-boo Posted by Picasa

Luckily he didn't get stung. Why the stingers picked just the one hollyhock to populate is a mystery. There were other hollyhocks of the same color, at least to our eyes.

We had to fight off all kinds of critters.


One of many speeders Posted by Picasa


Ladybird beetles also hid in the hollyhocks. Posted by Picasa

After the harvest, we checked the rest of the garden and found our first hibiscus blossom.


First California hibiscus of the year. Posted by Picasa

We even have a baby from a seed we planted last year.


Baby hibiscus Posted by Picasa

We are running out of room for plants. Wonder where he will plant it. Just like Mr. Newman sings about Mr. Monk, 'It's a jungle out there'. Just like Dad likes it. Me, too.



Rainbow in July? In Rio Vista?
No way. Yes way.
Posted by Picasa

After counting all those seeds and surveying our garden, it was time for an evening walk to stretch my legs. During our discourse about the day's happenings I noticed a very rare sight. A Rio Vista rainbow in July. Hollyhocks and rainbows. Arf, arf!

All in all, it was a great day.

No comments: