My human has only one twos, one twos (twos) legs, doesn't think like us and he has been called weirds. I like that in a familys man. He is stubborns like me. He likes his beer dark. He could be called an Eclectic Peeps. Most of all, he loves me and I like that. DeltaBunny will journal our lives togethers in the small Delta town of Rio Vista, California.

All photos and Nose Art are copyright of author or as noted and may not be used withouts permission.

Want to add your beautimus photo to my Dogsbook? Cooools!

Helps me build my village of Frévilla in Spains. Go to Frévilla. ¡Gracias!

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

30 June 2005

VOLES/HEDGEHOGS/MUSKRATS/HARRIERS/DANGER?

'Can I keep him?', I barked. 'I got another vole!' After several days of no action, I hit pay dirt. I was following a fresh scent... A dash through the shrubs and another vole. Woof, woof!! My male human was not pleased that the voles are still hanging around. Hey, he's not the one getting dirty and scratched chasing the little varmints down.


Come on little buddy. Wanna play? Posted by Hello

I guess my human guy doesn't want me to have any little buddies to horse around with. I promised I wouldn't invite him into the house. I even said I would build him a little home in the dirt in the backyard. No sale.

(Yum! Mom's cooking up some skeddy sauce. Dog, am I hungry!)


OK. If I can't keep him, I'll just put on a little
eu de Vole cologne.
Posted by Hello

We read on the Beeb's web site that the number of hedgepigshogs in England is falling: BBC NEWS | Science | Hedgehog numbers 'in nose-dive'. I wonder what it would be like to find a hedgehog? The typist says they have prickly spines that would hurt if I played with them like I do the voles. He told me a story about a hedgehog he and his friends found while he was living in Nigeria. One afternoon they found a hedgehog. As they passed it around it peed on the hands of one of the members of the group. Weeks later the gang found another hedgehog and passed it around again. Guess whose hand got wet again! Maybe I will leave those leaky things alone if I ever get to Africa.

During the periods that I have been home over the past six weeks or so my leash carrier has seen a Muskrat; Ondatra zibethicus (Linnaeus) at Watson Hollow and a Northern Harrier flying over the golf course being mobbed by several blackbirds.

(That skeddy stuff smells sooo good!)

The big white hunter was wondering if the muskrat was still around. This morning he saw some cattails drifting in the stream at Watson Hollow. So I guess he has his answer.


'Muskrat(s) Love' cattails. Posted by Hello


Oh, Oh. My typist is in trouble. The female human gave him a small bowl of '12 Multigrain Pretzels' to snack on while he helped me with this posting. I noticed that he was shoveling them into his mouth like they were going out of style (As humans say). They must taste pretty good. I don't get such things to snack on. Maybe I'll get some skeddy stuff. Ah, I just got some doggy jerky. And, no, it's not made out of dogs! Then, 'she who must be obeyed', (Apologies to Rumpole, and Mom) came back to sample the pretzels. Empty! Guess who is not getting dessert tonight!

Back to the real world. I miss a lot of the big animal stuff because my nose is dragin' the ground like a blood hound's. I do get to see things like:


Slow shell to... Posted by Hello


Curlicues Posted by Hello


Bananas. Arf, arf! Just doggin' around. Late night snack on a day
lily pedal petal.
So, is it still a 'day' lily at night? Posted by Hello


Baby 'Mickey' Mantis, the great baseball player. Posted by Hello

Mom and Dad just told me some scary things about the food and drink they have been consuming and the plastics they use to store these items. I will tell you more about it next time. I certainly don't want my humans getting sick. Who would I take care of then?

I did get some skeddy sauce for supper tonight. Yea!!

No comments: