My human has only one twos, one twos (twos) legs, doesn't think like us and he has been called weirds. I like that in a familys man. He is stubborns like me. He likes his beer dark. He could be called an Eclectic Peeps. Most of all, he loves me and I like that. DeltaBunny will journal our lives togethers in the small Delta town of Rio Vista, California.

All photos and Nose Art are copyright of author or as noted and may not be used withouts permission.

Want to add your beautimus photo to my Dogsbook? Cooools!

Helps me build my village of Frévilla in Spains. Go to Frévilla. ¡Gracias!

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

25 January 2005

$30 FOR COYOTE SCALP/NORWAY TO KILL 25% OF THEIR GREY WOLVES

Phil Pezzaglia writes a weekly column for the River News-Herald & Isleton Journal called "Exploring Rio Vista's Past". He provides insight into the town's very interesting history and occasionally digs up old articles. In his 19 January, 2005 article, Mr. Pezzaglia included the following story that appeared in the River News, 1 March, 1907: "$30 for Coyote Scalp - Coyotes have again made their appearance in the Montezuma Hills, and on last Tuesday a number of sheep and lambs have been reported killed by the farmers in that section by these animals. It is believed that there are two of the animals at work at present and to rid the section of their presence a standing reward of $30 will be paid to anyone killing one of these animals within the boundaries of the Montezuma Hills. The scalp should be presented to John McCormack, who will settle all claims, when satisfactory proof has been given. Those who enjoy hunting and have the time to spare can easily combine pleasure with profit in seeking a coyote scalp in the Montezuma Hills."

Then my human read the following article about Norway's intent: BBC NEWS | Norway to kill 25% of its wolves.

Things really haven't changed all that much in a hundred years, have they. I feel for my cousins and am upset about all the wrong that has been done and is still being done to them. Too bad there is not some canine that could give those bad people a bite in the butt.
8906


No comments: