My human has only one twos, one twos (twos) legs, doesn't think like us and he has been called weirds. I like that in a familys man. He is stubborns like me. He likes his beer dark. He could be called an Eclectic Peeps. Most of all, he loves me and I like that. DeltaBunny will journal our lives togethers in the small Delta town of Rio Vista, California.

All photos and Nose Art are copyright of author or as noted and may not be used withouts permission.

Want to add your beautimus photo to my Dogsbook? Cooools!

Helps me build my village of Frévilla in Spains. Go to Frévilla. ¡Gracias!

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

01 July 2004

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, JULY 2nd

Thought it was the fourth did you? After debating six weeks, the American colonies formally declared their independence from Great Britain on July 2nd, 1776. After an additional two days debate, four delegates signed the declaration on July 4th so it could go to the printer. The large majority of colonial representatives signed the document on August 2nd. The last delegate signed the Declaration of Independence in January of 1777. The first celebration took place July 8th. So much for today's history lesson.
Retirement is really cool. Instead of getting up at 0430 for our walk we now get up at 0615 and walk. So we sleep later and I get to spend more time with my bud.
A bit about our trip out here. I like riding in the car, but two straight days through Colorado, Utah and Nevada is more than enough at one time. I did see the Great Salt Lake and got to stay in a fancy hotel in SLC that caters to pets. SLC is not pet friendly, at least near the pet hotel. The parks are few and far between. When we got to CA I got to walk among some giant trees. Lots of marking to do. Heaven! I spent several days in a great kennel near Lodi called Sycamore Lane. I have been there several times since and now I know what CCR was talking about in their song. Just kidding. I like it there. They give great baths.
The winds have died down. Now just a nice Delta Breeze.
9113 days remain.

No comments: