My human has only one twos, one twos (twos) legs, doesn't think like us and he has been called weirds. I like that in a familys man. He is stubborns like me. He likes his beer dark. He could be called an Eclectic Peeps. Most of all, he loves me and I like that. DeltaBunny will journal our lives togethers in the small Delta town of Rio Vista, California.

All photos and Nose Art are copyright of author or as noted and may not be used withouts permission.

Want to add your beautimus photo to my Dogsbook? Cooools!

Helps me build my village of Frévilla in Spains. Go to Frévilla. ¡Gracias!

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

02 February 2005

HAPPY GROUND HOG DAY, KINDA LATE/KIT "KATS"

In our part of the world Groundhog Day is about over, but I still wanted to wish one and all Happy Groundhog Day. If dogs get a whole week, I guess the groundhogs can have a day. See Groundhog .org - the Official Site of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club, to get the scoop (I guess they have to clean his den, too) on Phil's big day. To further your knowledge of GH Day we would like to forward this explanation of this "holiday" from Care2.com.

Groundhog Day derives from the European Candlemas Day, a
Christianized version of the Celtic holiday of Imbolc, celebrated midway between the Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox.

During Candlemas, clergy would bless and distribute candles to their parishioners' homes. The candles would be lighted and placed in the window. If the sun came out that day, it meant six more weeks of wintry weather. If the day was cloudy or rainy it marked moderate weather until the first day of Spring.

Care2.com is a neat place to find FREE e-cards to send your friends.
I know that I shouldn't use the work "cat" in my posts, but I must let you know what Japanese students think about the great (So my humans tell me) candy bar, Kit "Kat". Go to BBC NEWS |Japan snaps up 'lucky' Kit Kats to find the answer. My humans really like the orange flavored Kit Kats they had in England several years ago. So eat a cat...Eat a Kit Kat to bring yourself luck during the next six weeks of winter. When we went for our walk early this morning this is how we could tell there would be six more weeks of winter.


The stealthy 'Fog Dog' Posted by Hello

Whew! Just made midnight. Good night.

8898

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi again,
I love Greenies too - so much. I haven't had one in awhile cause now that I'm 9 months old I can chew through those in about a minute and then swallow large pieces of them. Too expensive for that, my human said. but hey I think I'm worth it, what's up with that?

Anyway, sounds like you are becoming a night owl. I seem to be getting to sleep earlier these nights. Might be the winter and all that running in the snow.

Ciao, Cal

Heidi said...

I love da fog because it means my family is home a couple extra hours in da morning for fog delays! Nice Fog Dog photo.

:) Chow Heidi

Freda said...

Thanks. It took me many shots to get this photo. I got a lot of butt shots (Darn timer) and a dump truck almost ran over my camera.