My human has only one twos, one twos (twos) legs, doesn't think like us and he has been called weirds. I like that in a familys man. He is stubborns like me. He likes his beer dark. He could be called an Eclectic Peeps. Most of all, he loves me and I like that. DeltaBunny will journal our lives togethers in the small Delta town of Rio Vista, California.

All photos and Nose Art are copyright of author or as noted and may not be used withouts permission.

Want to add your beautimus photo to my Dogsbook? Cooools!

Helps me build my village of Frévilla in Spains. Go to Frévilla. ¡Gracias!

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

11 February 2005

ALONG THE LODI WINE TRAIL

Guess what we did yesterday. Mom was home for the day so we went to Lodi for lunch and cruised through some of the wine country around Lodi.


Let's see, if we stop can we still get home? Posted by Hello

You can see my harness I wear when I ride in the car. After a little wine tasting, I feel a little safer wearing it.


How about a little old vine zin in your front yard? Posted by Hello

Must be nice to watch your own zinfandel ripen on the vine.


Old vine zin, head trained Posted by Hello

The old vine Zinfandel vines grow in a tangle from the tops of the stems. The stems are 40 to 85 years old. Old pruned vines can seen on the ground.


Trellis trained vines Posted by Hello

Other grape varieties are trained to grow along trellises. Mechcanical pickers then can be used to pick the fruit.

Since I had to drive home I wasn't able to taste any wines. I don't think wine would do me any good anyway.
8889

4 comments:

Splash said...

Wine tasting! Now that's living the high life! Way to go!

We went to Mutt Lynch Winery a while back. We had fun...they had wine for people and cookies for dogs. Maybe we can all meet up there someday!

Freda said...

Splash,
Wine is good, so sez my humans. Wow,
Healdsburg isn't that far away. Several years ago my humans' son took them up there so he could skate the park there. This was before we moved out here. (Who moves to California? Right. Yea, I know.) Will have to check out Mutt Lynch. I love cookies! Might see you there.

Heidi said...

Freda you are a good photographer! I love da photos of da vineyards. I love to eat da grapes.

Dats ok dat you had to delete a post on my site. Dat happens sometimes. Perhaps you could come along on da next adventure and take some spy photos........but I'll warn you it involves a cat.

Chow, Heidi

Freda said...

Heidi,

Thanks. I like taking photos, but I am not a paparazzo. I haven't meet any famous dogs yet.

I did live with two cats for five months, but not my cup of tea. "Buster" really freaked me out. I kinda got along with "Fred". I would consider a cat assignment, IF the perks were good. Such as someone to carry my equipment and lots of chocolate. Chocolate for my human, that is.

Thanks again,

Freda