My human has only one twos, one twos (twos) legs, doesn't think like us and he has been called weirds. I like that in a familys man. He is stubborns like me. He likes his beer dark. He could be called an Eclectic Peeps. Most of all, he loves me and I like that. DeltaBunny will journal our lives togethers in the small Delta town of Rio Vista, California.

All photos and Nose Art are copyright of author or as noted and may not be used withouts permission.

Want to add your beautimus photo to my Dogsbook? Cooools!

Helps me build my village of Frévilla in Spains. Go to Frévilla. ¡Gracias!

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

08 January 2005

HAPPY JANUARY 8TH

And you thought there was nothing to celebrate. I am celebrating my humans staying home at least one day this week. They have been busy as little beavers going to doctor appointments, the lawyer, art class and what have you. The past three weeks have been a blur to me. My humans in and out and me being DAPed numerous times. Whew! But we heard about the forgotten national celebration on NPR and thought we should begin celebrating this important victory again. Get your fiddle and mash, have a party and listen to the following:
NPR : Remembering the Battle of New Orleans: "Remembering the Battle of New Orleans

Listen to this story...

All Things Considered, January 7, 2005 � This Saturday is the 190th anniversary of the American victory over the British at the Battle at New Orleans. It was the final battle in the War of 1812, one that made Andrew Jackson a national hero. The day was celebrated widely in the years after the battle; but after the Civil War, the holiday became less widely celebrated and is now largely forgotten. NPR's Melissa Block talks to Bob Fulcher, author of 'The Glorious (But Forgotten) Eighth of January' published in the Tennessee Conservationist."
8923

No comments: