My human has only one twos, one twos (twos) legs, doesn't think like us and he has been called weirds. I like that in a familys man. He is stubborns like me. He likes his beer dark. He could be called an Eclectic Peeps. Most of all, he loves me and I like that. DeltaBunny will journal our lives togethers in the small Delta town of Rio Vista, California.

All photos and Nose Art are copyright of author or as noted and may not be used withouts permission.

Want to add your beautimus photo to my Dogsbook? Cooools!

Helps me build my village of Frévilla in Spains. Go to Frévilla. ¡Gracias!

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

12 January 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!/OTTER?/UNKNOWN MAMMAL

It is my buddy's wife's birthday today. She is working in Lodi today. Last night they went out for dinner and brought me a great doggy bag of steak! Today some really great smelling flowers, lilies I was told, were delivered. Her favorite. My guy did well. She was really surprised. Look great don't they?


Lots of colour* Posted by Hello

Can you smell them? He got them at
ProFlowers.com. Great service.

On our walk this morning, we saw a mysterious animal at Watson Hollow. As we approached it slipped over the bank and into the water. We lost sight of it. On our way back we saw it on the other side of the stream. This time it disappeared into the long grass hanging into the water.
I had never seen anything like it. Neither had my human. What was it? Later that day we heard that an OTTER had been seen in one of the artificial lakes nearby. We went to see. Yep, we saw it. It may have been forced to the quiet water there due to the stream's flooding at Watson Hollow. That made my buddy think-was that a baby otter we had seen earlier? Don't think so. It was too thin. Size-wise it looked more like a weasel, mink, martin, fisher or similar critter, but we didn't see a tail. Weasels are more bicolored than this animal. It was a very dark brown if not black. It could have been wet thus making it look darker and thinner. We have spent some time researching but have not found an adequate explanation. Wow! A mystery. Will continue our quest. We did find an interesting side note. The term "River Otter" did not exist before 1913. At least in scientific papers. The following is an interesting read (HEAR for us canines), The Origin of the "River Otter".
*He likes to throw in a little English once in a while.
8919

No comments: