My human has only one twos, one twos (twos) legs, doesn't think like us and he has been called weirds. I like that in a familys man. He is stubborns like me. He likes his beer dark. He could be called an Eclectic Peeps. Most of all, he loves me and I like that. DeltaBunny will journal our lives togethers in the small Delta town of Rio Vista, California.

All photos and Nose Art are copyright of author or as noted and may not be used withouts permission.

Want to add your beautimus photo to my Dogsbook? Cooools!

Helps me build my village of Frévilla in Spains. Go to Frévilla. ¡Gracias!

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

06 December 2004

CAL'S PLACE/HAPPY ST. NICHOLAS DAY/THANKSGIVING/SIX HANDS

I want to thank my cyber pal, Cal, at Cal's Place - Ahhrooooo! The doggiest smelling place on the web. He mentioned me in his daily posting. Please check out his blog. It is a howlin' good place to visit and spend some time. I have a lot to learn about blogging and Cal's site is one I will certainly learn from. No, my male human has a lot to learn. I just can't translate my knowledge to his non-K9 brain. It can be very discouraging at times, but I love him all the same. As "they", not the guy who changed his name to THEY, say, I'll keep him.

It has been busy lately.
I wanted to say that our Thanksgiving was great. No turkeys in this household though. Since the Missus has never cooked a turkey and her mother was famous for her sauerbraten and potato pancakes it was thought fitting to carry on. So sauerbraten is now the traditional Turkey Day meal around here. I love the leftovers! See Marinated Sauerbraten for two typical recipes. Tule and I had a great time on our many walks. This year the humans just stayed home so we were not D.A.P.ed and got extra Greenies and tummy rubs. A lot to be thankful for.

Last Saturday we went into town to watch the annual Lighted Boat Parade. The weather was chilly, but much nicer than last year when it poured. Only six boats cruised by, but Santa was on the lead boat, so it was worth it. For the first time there was a horse and carriage for hire. The horse was very handsome. My male human stopped at Miss Lizzy's River Walk Cafe for a great chili dog.

Yesterday my humans went to the Six Hands Winery for wine tasting and music. The lady singing and playing guitar must have really liked Neil Young. A lot of her set was from After The Gold Rush and Harvest. Good sounds my man said. They brought back a great 03 Sauvignon Blanc, some 03 Chardonnay, and a 02 Petite Sirah. Six Hands has tastings only twice a year. A nice little family winery one should not miss.

For our family St. Nick's Day is our opportunity to "send" our Christmas list to Father Christmas. Every St. Nick's Eve we each hang our stocking with care with our wish list inside. How else does Santa know what we want for Christmas. Overnight the elves break into the house, just kidding, they arrive and pickup the letters. IF, we have been good, we wake to find goodies in our stocking. If we have been rascals, we will find potatoes or coal. I found a nice big "Greenie". Yipee! Guess I will be getting a baby sister! The elves were awfully quiet. I didn't hear a thing last night. See St. Nicholas Day for a history of St. Nick's Day and other related customs. Gotta go and chew on the rest of my Greenie. Check out Cal's.
8956



No comments: