My human has only one twos, one twos (twos) legs, doesn't think like us and he has been called weirds. I like that in a familys man. He is stubborns like me. He likes his beer dark. He could be called an Eclectic Peeps. Most of all, he loves me and I like that. DeltaBunny will journal our lives togethers in the small Delta town of Rio Vista, California.

All photos and Nose Art are copyright of author or as noted and may not be used withouts permission.

Want to add your beautimus photo to my Dogsbook? Cooools!

Helps me build my village of Frévilla in Spains. Go to Frévilla. ¡Gracias!

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

27 August 2004

I'M BACK/MENDOCINO

Just back from Lodi again. Nice and clean. Sure missed everyone. So excited. Sure missed M & M. They missed me, too. Mrs. P Mantis is back in the front potted palm.
I found out that the key of a mosquito buzz is a high E. Cool, hey?
I was told the trip to Mendocino and Scotia was a nice getaway. Mendo was very picturesque, but there was lots of dog poop (I have to use the polite case.) on the beach and along the cliff trail. The village is finally addressing the issue, 30 years late they admit. Many human species from the 60s and 70s, with their long hair and old cars, reside there. Cool! Tourist was overheard complaining about the trash in the water along the coast. She had to be told that was kelp that was harvested several times a year. They do say that travel is educational. Hmmm? That tourist has a lot of traveling to do.

The cottage where they stayed was small, but nice. The B&B was called Alegria. A very large eucalyptus tree in front reminded them of their stay at Silky Oaks in the Daintree Rainforest in Queensland. At night something was walking on the roof of the cottage. Kinda scary after the double murder on the beach just south in Sonoma County.
On the way to Scotia they drove through The Avenue of the Giants. To see coast redwoods 200-300 feet tall in a convertible, apparently, is fabulous. Several different species of trees were draped with Methuselah's beard. They saw a downed tree between 362 and 370 feet long and the Founder Tree just over 346 feet tall. The downed tree was 17 feet in diameter, 52 feet in circumference and weighed up to 1 million pounds. Makes a dog weep. While living a redwood can support 600 different plant and animal species and when dead and decomposing, over 4000 species.

The Scotia scoop later.
9057

No comments: